Tours

Buda Castle Mikveh

Buda Castle Mikveh

Vezetés a Budavári Mikvében

Telefon: 
+36 1 225 0310
Tour description

The tiny, altogether 2-3 square metre chamber, the Mikveh is one of the oldest parts of the excavated cellar network.
Visitors need to register to be able to participate in the Guided tours of the MIKVEH located int he western network of cellars of the Buda Castle Guided tours on Mondays every week.

Vezetés a Budavári Mikvében
Meeting point
1014
Budapest
Palota út 1.
a vaskapunál, a Korona Cukrászdával szemben
Start times
2016.09.17., szombat - 14:00
2016.09.18., vasárnap - 14:00

A Legendary Queen: The Sissi story

A Legendary Queen: The Sissi story

A Sissi legenda - Tematikus séta a Várkert Bazárban

Telefon: 
+36 1 225 0310
Tour description

The walk evokes the most popular Hungarian female historical figure, Empress Elisabeth, the wife of Emperor Franz Joseph. The beautiful Empress Elisabeth, aka “Sissi” as her devotees lovingly nicknamed her is often mentioned as the “Queen Consort of the Hungarians”, who stood for Hungarian interests in Vienna, sometimes even opposing her own husband.
The language of the walk will be Hungarian.

A Sissi legenda
Meeting point
1013
Budapest
Ybl Miklós tér 5.
Start times
2016.09.17., szombat - 16:00
Related place

Library guided tour

Library guided tour

Séta az Országgyűlési Könyvtárban

Attention!

The English guided tours are held at 14:00 p. m. on 17th and 18th of September. The tour is about 30 minutes.

Telefon: 
+36 1 441-4479
Tour description

Would you like to visit and learn more about the Library of Parliament? Would you like to walk through our reading rooms? Would you like to get information on our massive collections and advanced services? Our librarians will inform you about the library’s history, its holdings, special collections and services.

Guide
Az Országgyűlési Múzeum munkatársai
Meeting point
1055
Budapest
Kossuth Lajos tér 1-3.
I-es kapu
Start times
2016.09.17., szombat - 11:00
2016.09.17., szombat - 13:00
2016.09.17., szombat - 14:00
2016.09.17., szombat - 15:00
2016.09.17., szombat - 16:00
2016.09.18., vasárnap - 11:00
2016.09.18., vasárnap - 13:00
2016.09.18., vasárnap - 14:00
2016.09.18., vasárnap - 15:00
Related place

The Historical Buildings of 9 and 11 Nador Street in the Communist Era

The Historical Buildings of 9 and 11 Nador Street in the Communist Era

The Historical Buildings of 9 and 11 Nador Street in the Communist Era

Attention!

The entrance to all events in the CEU building complex is the main entrance of 9 Nador Street, on the corner of Nador Street and Zrínyi Street.

Telefon: 
+36 1 327 3024
Tour description

Guided tour in English.
The “Monument Building” of the CEU complex at 9 Nador Street was originally constructed for the Festetics family in the 1820-30s. The Art Nouveau apartment house at 11 Nador Street was also built by members of the same family, in 1914-15. The history of the Festetics palace is in many ways representative of Hungary’s 19th and 20th century history. In the second half of the 19th century a transition towards capitalism was underway in Hungary, thus the building found itself in the financial center of Budapest. The family adapted to this situation, renting the building to a bank and accommodating a shop on the ground floor. 11 Nador Street offered homes to the employees of the nearby companies and enterprises. In 1945, the state nationalized the buildings, and the palace was restored for the use of the Military Intelligence Unit. The top floors of the palace were offices, while the basement was used as a prison. After 1948 it was used by various administrative organs of the state. The walk guides visitors over the history of the two buildings with special emphasis on the period from 1945 until the 1990s, when they were incorporated into the campus of the Central European University.

Guide
Mihaela Groza
Meeting point
1051
Budapest
Nádor utca 9-11.
Nádor utca 9.
Start times
2016.09.17., szombat - 14:00
Related place

21st-Century Architecture in the Heart of Budapest. The New Buildings of CEU

21st-Century Architecture in the Heart of Budapest. The New Buildings of CEU

21. századi építészet a belvárosban. A KEE új épületei

Attention!

The entrance to all programs in the CEU campus is the main entrance of 9 Nador Street, at the corner of Nador Street and Zrínyi Street.

Telefon: 
+36 1 327 3024
Tour description

The downtown complex of CEU has been complemented this year with a new building at 15 Nador Street designed by the award-winning Irish O'Donnel - Tuomey Architects. The Neo-Classicist urban palace at 13 Nador Street originally designed by József Hild is currently under reconstruction. It was an exciting challenge for the designing architects that they had to create a modern university unit into a block that includes historical monuments as well. They also had to find a solution how to incorporate the Neo-Classicist palace that had been reconstructed several time, preserving and emphasizing what is left from the original values. The tour guides through the CEU campus starting from the Neo-Classicist Festetics Palace at 9 Nador Street, presenting the Art Nouveau, originally apartment house at 11 Nador Street. It offers a unique opportunity to take a look at how Nador 13 has been reconstructed and to be among the first ones who can enter the new building at 15 Nador Street.

Guide
Laszlovszky József
Meeting point
1051
Budapest
Nádor utca 9-15.
Nádor utca 9.
Start times
2016.09.17., szombat - 18:00
Related place

Neo-Classisist Palaces in the Building Complex of CEU

Neo-Classisist Palaces in the Building Complex of CEU

A Belső-Lipótváros klasszicista palotái a CEU épülettömbjében

Attention!

The entrance to all programs in the CEU campus is the main entrance of 9 Nador Street, at the corner of Nador Street and Zrínyi Street.

Telefon: 
+36 1 327 3024
Tour description

The part of Budapest called Inner Leopold Town started to gain an urban character from the first decades of the 19th century. The earliest buildings that are still standing here were constructed as urban palaces for noble families. Many of these were designed by the most prominent architects of Neo-Classicism in Hungary. The “Monument Building” of the CEU complex was originally constructed for the
Festetics family in the 1820-30s, by Mihály Pollack, later architect of the Hungarian National Museum. The university is currently moving into the building at 13 Nador Street designed by József Hild. The former Marczibányi Palace at 7 Október 6 Street also houses some units of CEU now. The guided tour takes the visitors into this palace as well, which was designed by József Hild too, and preserved some original details – frescoes, furniture – on the upper levels otherwise closed from the broader public.

Guide
Nagy Klára
Meeting point
1051
Budapest
Nádor utca 9., Október 6. utca 7.
Nádor utca 9.
Start times
2016.09.18., vasárnap - 11:00
Related place
Neo-Classisist Palaces in the Building Complex of CEU

Neo-Classisist Palaces in the Building Complex of CEU

Attention!

The entrance to all programs in the CEU campus is the main entrance of 9 Nador Street, at the corner of Nador Street and Zrínyi Street.

Telefon: 
+36 1 327 3024
Tour description

Guided tour in English
The part of Budapest called Inner Leopold Town started to gain an urban character from the first decades of the 19th century. The earliest buildings that are still standing here were constructed as urban palaces for noble families. Many of these were designed by the most prominent architects of Neo-Classicism in Hungary. The “Monument Building” of the CEU complex was originally constructed for the
Festetics family in the 1820-30s, by Mihály Pollack, later architect of the Hungarian National Museum. The university is currently moving into the building at 13 Nador Street designed by József Hild. The former Marczibányi Palace at 7 Október 6 Street also houses some units of CEU now. The guided tour takes the visitors into this palace as well, which was designed by József Hild too, and preserved some original details – frescoes, furniture – on the upper levels otherwise closed from the broader public.

Guide
Mérai Dóra
Meeting point
1051
Budapest
Nádor utca 9., Október 6. utca 7.
Nádor utca 9.
Start times
2016.09.18., vasárnap - 17:00
Related place

The Festetics Palace and Apartment House (9-11 Nador Street) in the 20th century

The Festetics Palace and Apartment House (9-11 Nador Street) in the 20th century

A Festetics-palota és bérház (Nádor u. 9-11) a 20. század viharaiban (1910-1993)

Attention!

The entrance to all programs in the CEU campus is the main entrance of 9 Nador Street, at the corner of Nador Street and Zrínyi Street.

Telefon: 
+36 1 327 3024
Tour description

The “Monument Building” of the CEU complex at 9 Nador Street was originally constructed for the Festetics family in the 1820-30s. The Art Nouveau apartment house at 11 Nador Street was also built by members of the same family, in 1914-15. The history of the Festetics palace is in many ways representative of Hungary’s 19th and 20th century history. In the second half of the 19th century a transition towards capitalism was underway in Hungary, thus the building found itself in the financial center of Budapest. The family adapted to this situation, renting the building to a bank and accommodating a shop on the ground floor. 11 Nador Street offered homes to the employees of the nearby companies and enterprises. In 1945, the state nationalized the buildings, and the palace was restored for the use of the Military Intelligence Unit. The top floors of the palace were offices, while the basement was used as a prison. After 1948 it was used by various administrative organs of the state. The walk guides visitors over the history of the two buildings with special emphasis on the period from 1945 until the 1990s, when they were incorporated into the campus of the Central European University.

Guide
Laszlovszky József
Meeting point
1051
Budapest
Nádor utca 9-11.
Nádor utca 9.
Start times
2016.09.18., vasárnap - 15:00
Related place

„A könyveknek is megvan a maguk sorsa” – Restaurálás

Telefon: 
+36 1 411-6738
Papíröntés
Guide
Szalaváry Miklós
Meeting point
1053
Budapest
Ferenciek tere 6.
Start times
2016.09.17., szombat - 11:30
2016.09.17., szombat - 13:00
2016.09.17., szombat - 14:00
Related place

IN THE SHADOW OF FREEDOM

IN THE SHADOW OF FREEDOM

Szabadság árnyékában – Hosszúlépés séta a Citadellán

Telefon: 
+ 36 1 225 0310
Tour description

A building, a symbol, which has towered over the city for decades. It is visible from almost everywhere, but hasn’t been accessible for the public. We finally open the gates of the Citadel and tell the tales of centuries.
The language of the programme will be Hungarian.

Szabadság árnyékában – Hosszúlépés séta a Citadellán
Meeting point
1118
Budapest
Gellért hegy
Citadella
Start times
2016.09.18., vasárnap - 16:30

Village walk in Gomba

Village walk in Gomba

Községi séta Gombán

Attention!

The tower of the Calvinist Church can be also visited during the walk.

Telefon: 
+3629433927
Tour description

During the walk all the open buildings in Gomba can be visited, so the old Fáy-Kenyeres mension house, András Fáy's living house, Roman Catholic Church, Calvinist Church, primary school and old Calvinist parish.
The walk is short, buildings are situated close to each other. After that the village's longer walking route can be also visited without guiding.

Gomba, Főtér
Guide
Tasi Péter
Meeting point
2217
Gomba
Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Endre utca 2.
Gomba Község Önkormányzatának Polgármesteri Hivatala
Start times
2016.09.17., szombat - 10:00
2016.09.17., szombat - 14:00
2016.09.17., szombat - 16:00
2016.09.18., vasárnap - 14:00
2016.09.18., vasárnap - 16:00
Related place

The wine growers and wine sellers patron saint Donat memorial.

The wine growers and wine sellers patron saint Donat memorial.

Szent Donát, a szőlő- és bortelmelők védőszentje szobra

Telefon: 
0036702100553
Tour description

The statue was the castle side of the bridge. It moved across the street Rajnis. 12 .houses cabin wall, since the house was built in historical monuments of the medieval bridge.
Meeting with the"Poncihter Rajnis borozónál" very still on the street.
(Participants receive a free booklet.)

Die Statue war die Jurisich Burg -Seite der Burgbrücke. Es wurde eingebaut in Rajnis 12. Häuser Kabinenwand , weil wurde das Haus in der historischen Denkmäler der mittelalterlichen Brücke gebaut.
Treffen for dem" Rajnis Poncihter borozónál" auf der Straße.
(Die Teilnehmer erhalten eine kostenlose Broschüre.)

Szent Donát műemlék szobra
Guide
G. Szabó Erzsébet
Meeting point
9730
Kőszeg
Rajnis u. 10
Poncihter borozó
Start times
2016.09.17., szombat - 09:00