Neo-Classicist Palaces in the Building Complex of CEU

Entrance through the Nador 15 gate, registration at the reception desk. Belépés a Nádor utca 15. bejáratán, regisztráció a belső recepciós asztalnál.
Telefon: 
+36 1 327 2748

A séta angol nyelvű! the guided tour is in English.
The part of Budapest called Inner Lipótváros started to gain an urban character from the first decades of the nineteenth century. The earliest buildings that are still standing here were constructed as urban palaces for noble families. Many of these were designed by the most prominent architects of Neo-Classicism in Hungary. The “Monument Building” of the CEU complex was originally constructed for the Festetics family in the 1820-30s, by Mihály Pollack, later architect of the Hungarian National Museum. The university last year also moved into the building at 13 Nador Street designed by József Hild. The former Marczibányi Palace at 7 Október 6 Street houses some units of CEU now. The guided tour takes the visitors into this palace as well, which was designed by József Hild too, and preserved some original details – frescoes, furniture – on the upper levels otherwise closed from the broader public.

Vezető neve: 
Mérai Dóra
Találkozó helyszíne
1051
Budapest
Nador u. 15.
Nádor utca 15. CEU főporta
Kapcsolódó helyszín: 
Séta indulási ideje: 
2018.09.15., szombat - 11:00
Séta időtartama: 
60 perc